Home brewing - its easier than you think!
Brewing fresh roasted coffee at home is easier than you think! Here are some of the methods you can use. Remember, the best coffee is the one YOU like! So keep experimenting with different methods, roasts & brewing times!
CLICK THE YOUTUBE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR HOME BREWING VIDEO TUTORIALS!
- Take 2 spoons (approximately 12 grams) of freshly ground coffee and place it in a steel pitcher.
- Add 1 mug of boiling water.
- Let it brew for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once brewed strain it into a mug using a 'Channi'.
- Have it black or add milk & sugar to your taste.
Cold brewed coffee prevents the grounds from being oxidised by heat and allows to extract the full flavour of the coffee giving it smooth rich flavour & aroma.
- Place 50gm of fresh ground coffee in the filter basket.
- Fill the pot with 650ml of room temperature water.
- Refrigerate the pot for 8-10 hours.
- Serve chilled with lots of ice.
Moka Pot produces a strong brew using your gas/stove at home. If you are an Espresso drinker, this one is for you!
- Fill the bottom chamber with pre-boiled water.
- Fill the coffee basket with approximately 20 grams of fresh ground coffee and level it off.
- Screw the top & bottom half of the Moka Pot together and place it on a medium heat gas/stove.
- Watch the coffee come out of the spout as it brews. If its too fast reduce the the flame. If its too slow increase the heat.
- Hissing sound from the pot indicates the brewing is complete.
- Take the Moka Pot off the flame and run the bottom chamber through cold tap water to stop the brewing process and to reduce the pressure inside.
- Pour the coffee in a mug and add hot water, milk & sugar to taste.
- Fold the paper filter along the seams and place it inside the dripper.
- Place the dripper on top of your cup. Fill the paper filter with 12 grams of ground coffee (for 1 cup of coffee).
- Slowly pour half a cup of boiling water in concentric circles, starting in the middle and slowly making your way outwards making sure all the coffee grounds are soaked.
- Wait for 30 seconds and pour the remaining boiling water in concentric circles.
- Add milk & sugar to taste although we recommend having this black especially if using medium roast coffee.